Our values are not just our values. They are how we live… and work.
After several years of running our company, and our lives, by a certain set of values, we decided to say them out loud so that we could even more firmly follow them.
These values are our “secret sauce,” and like sauces improve with care and time, so have our commitment to our values and our use of them in our everyday work.
To help us identify our values, we created an image to go with each one:
- Intersection of Excellence and Practicality: (Venn diagram) – great ideas that are feasible, leverage existing systems and practices, elegant solutions not just “whiz bang”, honor where people are and where they can go
- Empathy: (shoes) – listen, see others’ perspectives, bring breadth of experience, consider about the learner’s experience
- Durability: (Palm Tree) – flexible, long-lasting, reliable, responsible
- Initiative: (Gum wrapper ) – proactive, solves problems, takes leadership roles, seeks innovation
- Authenticity (Real flowers) – shows up real to teammates and clients, no bullshit, admits mistakes, vulnerable
- Cultivation (Watering a young plant) – invest in communities, support good causes, recognize and support personal lives and families of teammates and clients, treat people and self well
These are our values – our guiding lights – and over the next few months, we will explore each one of them in depth and tell you more about why we believe in these values in our professional and personal lives.
Our vision is to be a world-class provider of learning solutions that help organizations succeed.
We approach our values in a way that is simple and easy, which makes it seamless and natural for our employees as we grow, as well as straightforward for our current and potential clients.
Giving the values names helped us to be clear about what they are so that team members, clients and partners all know what to expect. These are things we’ve done since we were just starting out as a team of three. When we founded Vivayic, we did so because we wanted to build a workplace where we actually wanted to work.
These behaviors, our values, were cornerstones of the type of team we wanted to join. So, they grew more out of “doing” than just “saying.”
We feel these behaviors have helped us build amazing relationships with our clients and with each other. We decided, as a team, to capture them so that we could be more intentional about living them on a daily basis in our interactions with each other and with our clients. It isn’t for show or because you’re “supposed” to have values; these aren’t just things we aspire to…these are things we actually DO on a regular basis.
Our values are part of our language. When we’re brainstorming a new solution, we sit back and actually ask ourselves…does this marry excellence and practicality? Our values are our “gut check” to make sure we’re staying true to what makes us effective.
As a visual reminder of this “gut check,” all of the Vivayic team received a framed set of our values as an on-desk reminder to consider them in all decisions.
In addition, our core values are reflected in our learning solutions, and because of this, our clients get customized solutions that are excellent, practical, authentic, durable, empathetic and innovative.
We always strive to provide creative, innovative, excellent solutions, while being dedicated, authentic people. It’s not what we do, it’s who we are. We strive to be our values.